Since Thanksgiving (and those Harissa Roasted Carrots!), I’m really loving the addition of pomegranate with pretty much anything I can get my hands on. With that, a gorgeous rendition of crispy roasted rosemary sweet potatoes came across my Instagram feed, and I knew I had to marry the two.
Enter Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes with Pomegranate. I followed the ingredients of the linked recipe, but when it came to the dish styling and baking, I followed the below. Also, rather than cutting your sweet potatoes into cubes, slice them into thin disks:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish and coat the sides
- Arrange the potato slices vertically in the dish (this can be done in any direction / pattern you like!). Sprinkle with additional olive oil (approx. 1-2 tablespoons)
- Cover dish with foil and roast for 1 hour, covered, until potatoes are tender. Increase oven heat to 450 degrees F. Remove foil and roast another 10-15 minutes, until tops of potatoes are browned and crisp.
- Once you remove the dish from the oven, top with the parsley, pistachios and parsley. Enjoy!
The dish turned out beautifully and tasted amazing. The spices on the potatoes balanced really well with a nice crunch of the nuts and the refreshing bite of the pomegranate seeds.
Test it out and see what you think! It looks more complicated than it is, and really can be a showstopper piece!